With over 30 years of business experience and with a strong human resources background having held HR specialist and leadership roles in the utilities and energy sector in Ireland within ESB and Ervia Group, I bring experience and insight from working in large organisations.
Back in 2013, following an extensive career, I established a business (MaryD Consultancy) providing services across HR consultancy, coaching and mentoring. Overall, for well over a decade, I have worked as a coach and mentor both internally within organisations and externally with individual clients across a range of industries.
In 2017 I undertook research at University College Cork to explore the impact of coaching on leaders as they transitioned to a new role. The research findings were shared as part of new research at the Psychological Society of Ireland 2017 Conference and in 2019, I presented the research findings at the EMCC 9th Global Annual Research Conference at Oxford Brookes University in the UK and was subsequently published in the EMCC 2019 Research publication.
A book based on the research, which has been co-authored with research supervisor, Inge Nieuwstraten, was published by McGraw Hill, Open University Press on 18 June 2021 with the title: ‘Leadership Transition Coaching‘.
- MA Coaching Psychology & Positive Psychology (University College Cork)
- HR Degree (University of Limerick)
- Post graduate Cert in Psychology (PCI College Dublin)
- Certificate in Psychotherapy (PCI College Dublin)
- Senior Coach Practitioner (EMCC)
- Associate Member (Coaching Psychology Special Interest Group) at the Psychological Society of Ireland (PSI)
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (FCIPD)
- MBTI (Step I and Step II)
- Emotional Intelligence (EQi 2.0)
- 360 Profilor
- Strengths Finder